Jeff Genender wrote:

Joe Bohn wrote:

I agree with Aaron with regard to usability. Users don't want to have to make any decisions on the first install (especially when they first pick it up for evaluation). My mom doesn't install anything on her computer unless she can click, click, click and get it working. I know our users are more sophisticated than her ... but we want to make it as easy as possibly to get something working quickly. We want to make this easy enough for my mom to install (even though she never will). :-)

So you think your average Geronimo user will have no idea what a web container is?

I think they'll know what a web container is. I just don't think that they will initially care which web container they use the first time they install Geronimo.

When they are ready to begin using Geronimo in earnest then they will take the time to decide which web container they want and if necessary the choose the non-default they can over-ride it. But for the first install I don't think most users will care. I just think that we want to make a good first impression by being easier to install then the user may have expected (which I'm currently hoping can eventually be click, click, click, done).

Joe

Joe