Jacek Laskowski wrote:
2006/1/4, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Nice work.  My preference would be RFC822.  However, I do wonder how
many people might get bitten by this - that are depending on the broken
behavior.  Sun's JavaMail has been around for quite a while.  Maybe a
"org.apache.geronimo.be.broken.like.sun" property to allow people that
do depend on it to turn it on?

Seriously, that /might/ be helpful, e.g. while migrating apps to Geronimo.

I was dead serious :)

Right now, it appears that we have more people working on JavaMail implementation than Sun does. Granted, theirs is complete, but still. This is an area where it would be nice to see an OSS community working, and it's darn useful software as well.

*If* Sun's bug is something people depend on, then we wouldn't want to make our software unusable by them - we'd also be letting them know their apps aren't RFC compliant, and they'd have the option to fix at their choosing.

geir