On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 10:12:00AM -0800, David Jencks wrote:
> Unless someone twists my arm severely I was planning on looking at
> this again after 2 other items, jetspeed integration and a
> transaction manager patch: if you wanted to get started on this first
> I'd be very happy :-).

I've started messing around with this and hit a snag.  I've made a new
jar called "offline.jar" that's pretty much a clone of the existing
deployer.jar 'cept it runs a different main class, which itself is
pretty much a clone of the existing deployer main class.

It's all good until the code reaches the SwitchingModuleBuilder, which
is configured by default to deploy to Tomcat, so since I'm using Jetty
it fails to find a builder and I get "foo.war is not a war" messages.
It looks as if SwitchingModuleBuilder's defaultNamespace is overridden
in assemblies/j2ee-jetty-server's config.xml, but I'm not clear on how
to override this parameter when I'm in a command-line environment.
I'm not even clear on how this gets overridden when the plugin is run
in a configs/*-jetty directory.  Pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Toby