Hi Jacek,

I like to entertain the thought that I am an ok programmer ;-) And I was hesitant whether to send my initial message, as I knew it would appear like I am looking for a shortcut to become a Geronimo committer. All I can say to that, is that with the amount of time I spend on Cayenne, I don't see how I can make meaningful contributions to Geronimo code at the moment. On the other hand helping with Confluence is a task I know I can do without too much distraction from my current work, so I figured I'd offer help.

Regarding my interest in Geronimo project, of course it is related to Cayenne. I wasn't ready to talk about it yet, but since it got out... Geronimo seems like a natural first choice in our effort to closer integrate Cayenne in a J2EE stack. In particular implementing EJB3 Persistence API:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/CAY/2006/01/10/

I understand that wider EJB3 work will be targeting Geronimo 2.0, and will be done during the next 12 or so months? Are there specific plans for the persistence part of the spec?

Cayenne EJB3 work is planned for approximately the same period of time. Still as we are busy finishing current 1.2 release, no final decision has been made regarding EJB3-persistence in Cayenne 2.0 (although it seems very likely to be positive). Once we start the actual work on that, I'd love to work closer with Geronimo community (and of course anyone from Geronimo is welcomed to join cayenne-devel to collaborate on that).

So please take the Confluence offer a gesture of good will. Becoming a sysadmin at Apache is really not my ultimate aspiration :-)

Andrus