Cool!

Regards,
Alan

Greg Wilkins wrote, On 3/1/2006 11:55 PM:

All,

I'm tuning back into G after zoning out for a while....
I'd like to started work on the jetty6 integration to provide servlet 2.5

The goals of the jetty 6 integration will be:
+ 2.5 servlet API.
+ annotation support
+ Simplify integration using Jetty 6 interceptor friendly architecture.
+ Use geronimo threadpool
+ Use Session API ( or iteration of that (see comments posted earlier)) as basis of session manager
+ Experiment with WADI and clustering integration
+ Better JACC specific security handler (perhaps to be back ported to Jetty)
+ Potentially use common server socket factories and eventually SSL Engine
  factories

For this I'm going to created a branch geronimo/sandbox/servlet-2.5 and add geronimo-spec-servlet to geronimo/spec/branches/JEE5
I'm going for a full branch:

+ because I actually want to see how hard it will be to use
  svn to maintain a parallel dev branch.
+ I want some stability + I think there will be some moderately global changes that
  may affect multiple modules.
+ The branch will be a good place for a 2.5 tomcat module
  to be developed at the same time.

everybody OK with this?
I'd like to start this soonish, although I'm tempted to wait
for maven2 to be working.

cheers