I created a JIRA for this problem a week ago or so.

I haven't had chance yet to look into a fix ... but it only seems to happen with the tomcat assemblies and seemed to be introduced about the time we upgraded to the new tomcat image.

Joe

anita kulshreshtha wrote:
    This applies to rev 385723. I am getting the
following error during server startup.

Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2_09)...
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: \var\log\geronimo.log
(The system cannot find the
 path specified)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native
Method)
        at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:177)
        at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:102)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:272)
        at
org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java
:156)
        at
org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:151)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:2
47)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.j
ava:123)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.j
ava:87)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigura
tor.java:645)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigura
tor.java:603)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configureRootCategory(PropertyC
onfigurator.java:500)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurato
r.java:406)
        at
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurato
Thnaks
Anita