Hi All,
when we updated the web site we mainly focused on the look & feel but left the
existing navigational
structure pretty much untouched.

I propose we update some of the structure starting with the documentation
section. Currently there
are two links pointing to the same resource, these are *Documentation* and
*Library*. Today we have
an official documentation for v1.0 and we are working on the doc for v1.1, in
addition there is the
"Developers Guide" also being developed.

All these are the documentation that should be pointed from the "Documentation"
link. What is
currently pointed from both "Documentation" and "Library" links should be just
pointed from
"Library". We will also need to update the Geronimo Administration Console to
reflect this changes
as the documentation is pointed as the "Additional documentation" link.

The documentation today is hosted on an external site (Atlassian) but we are
working with the ASF
infrastructure team to get a local high performance installation (cwiki.apache.org). Until we resolve the ASF local installation I think we could point directly to the remote articles from our site. This might be easier to explain by an example so I put together a copy of the Geronimo web site with the proposed changes, see "Library" and "Documentation" links (note that the rest of the site may not be entirely up-to-date)

Here is the test URL:

http://people.apache.org/~hcunico/site/

I think these proposed changes will facilitate access to the documentation, increase it's visibility and hopefully we will see more volunteers to continue developing the docs.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions!?

Cheers!
Hernan