On Jul 9, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

On 7/9/06, Sachin Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The following distributions of the Geronimo Eclipse plugin are ready
to be voted on for final release.  Since binding votes are needed,
each PMC member if possible, please cast your vote within 72 hours.

Why has the 72-hour vote period been set?

No critical reason, just a time frame on when I'll upload the driver to the distribution size if no -1's have been casted.

plugin-1.1-deployable-RC4.zip
plugin-1.1-updatesite-RC4.zip

What's the difference between them?

The first one just unzips into your ECLIPSE_HOME.  Once released, the second is the distribution that gets unzipped into the update manager site.  The packaging is a little different.  The second one can also be tested by unzipping anywhere on your filesystem and creating a "local" update site to it.  The site.xml is not really needed to test it.

Which one do I need to download
and what are the steps to test it out? Just unpack to $ECLIPSE_HOME
dir? Just downloaded Eclipse 3.2 and am ready to give it a whirl.

You can start with Eclipse 3.2 but will need to go to the update manager to add WTP and its requirements.  Or you can download the WTP-all in one package.  I'm working as-we speak on a eclipse-plugin FAQ for the wiki that will contain further detailed info.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

-sachin