I think we are starting to agree. I see the session manager as a high level component that *can* be implemented on top of a cluster or just be a local hash map. The idea was to create an abstraction such that, the people writing clustering code can easily plugin into geronimo services that have session data (which is about the only pice of cluster data that we have right now).

As for low level Clustering apis, I don't have much of a preference unless I have to write to them, and the stuff I'm working on can be completely satisfied by the session api.

-dain