Manu George wrote:

Hi,
      Does Geronimo support exploded deployments of ear's that
contain wars and jars using --inPlace Argument? When I try to deploy
daytrader by extracting it  to a directory and passing the path to the
directory as an argument to deploy along with --inPlace it is giving
an error

java.lang.Error: Only local file jars are supported jar:file:/C:/1.1samples/samp les/applications/daytrader/target/test/daytrader-ear-1.1/web.war!/WEB-INF/lib/st
andard-1.1.1.jar

There is a bug in the deployment of war module defining libraries within WEB-INF/lib/ when this module is inside an ear module. I will fix this problem.

What is the correct format of an exploded EAR. Will it have the
ejb-jar and webapp-war exploded as well? OR will geronimo support non
exploded format as well?

In the case of an in-place deployment, nested modules are auto-exploded upon deployment, if need be. For instance, if there is a non-exploded war module mywar.war within an ear, then the war is renamed mywar.war.saved, a sub-directory mywar.war is created and mywar.war.saved is unjarred within it.

Thanks,
Gianny

Regards
Manu