I've just finished committing changes that should (I hope) bring back the functionality needed to include geronimo-plugin.xml... someone please validate that it works as desired.

Maven is now responsible for making the car archives now... the car plugin will always spit out into a local repo and then the PackageMojo will create an archive out of it using the m2 archiver bits, which allows flexible manifest entries... blah blah.

geronimo-plugin.xml is still being filtered using the resources plugin... and really anything you drop into src/main/resources will be included into the car, and filtering is controlled by the default m2 bits in your pom.

Plan files have been updated to use ${pom.version} instead of $ {pom.currentVersion}... ${pom} is actually the project reference, which is closer to what it would be if filtered by resources (which we will eventually get to, and drop velocity).

Car files now all have LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt included (side- effect of using Maven's mech to pick up resources), blah blah

The addition of the startup-jar is no longer hidden... its just another resources in src/main/resources.

I also updated the PackageBuilder to take a list of classpath elements (that are artifacts, like the dependency plugin) which allows for customization of the prefix added to the entry in the manifest, which was needed to get lib/endorsed bits (the m2 archiver only allows one prefix per set). Right now the list is non- transitive... I could not figure how to get that working... need to ping the peeps in #maven for help. I will be pruning the list of properties we have in the root pom to manage versions, which are mostly unused now.

There is still some more dependency clean up that needs to be done, but the servers are starting fine.

Please take a moment and check for any strangeness and lemme know if you find anything.

May still be a bit more work to get the multiple car muck working... but until I have something that is actually using the plugin that I can peek at I can't really fix it.

I left the Deployer code asis... though my hunch is that some of this is not needed (the jar and manifest bits primarily)... and if someone knows if we use those bits anywhere else please speak up, else we should drop the unused bits.

--jason