I got OpenJPA to run with my JPA code.  So we're looking real good.

On Aug 13, 2006, at 8:24 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

So far, it's just got a TopLink provider, but if people want to copy
that to create providers for Cayenne or OpenJPA or whatever, that
would be great.  It basically just needs to have a customized name and
ClassPath, though I'm assuming any provider we integrate with will be
compatible with the Geronimo JPA spec JAR (currently
org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec/1.0-SNAPSHOT/jar)

OpenJPA and the Geronimo JPA spec jar weren't happy. Our JPA jar had some bad signatures and was missing a few exception classes. I fixed those and managed to get OpenJPA to compile and run with our JPA jar rather than the CDDL version they use.

If you try to build and run this, you'll be held up by a couple things:

For me its:
- Still missing the some JNDI stuff Dain is working on (mentioned earlier in the thread).
 - Need the plugin goop

But when that is there, this should run for ejbs or servlets in 1.1.1 and maybe 1.1 (should work).

My goal is to have a release of this plugin with sufficient user
documentation when G 1.1.1 is released.  It would be great to have
some open source JPA providers for that release too.

I also started talking to David B about the JPA work being done in
OpenEJB, and I think we're agreed that we probably don't need two such
plugins for G 1.1.x, so hopefully we can work toward a unification as
we move forward.

I'm sure we can figure something out. I'll give it some more thought tomorrow, time for bed now....zzzzZZZZ

-David