On Aug 21, 2006, at 7:13 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

As long as we have inter-dependencies between specs (e.g. javamail depends on activation; jaxrpc on saaj, qname, and servlet; and especially geronimo-spec-j2ee depends on everything), I'm not convinced that this really makes things any better...

I agree that your plan is better than the previous plan for multiple trunks, but I'm not convinced that either plan is actually making things simpler...

If I understand your proposal, tags/geronimo-spec-jaxrpc-<jax- rpcversion>/pom.xml will specify the tagged versions of saaj, qname, and servlet upon which it depends? So, haven't we just split apart the specification of these version dependencies from a single pom.xml into multiple poms? Is this really making things simpler?

That'd be right. I'm not sure how complicated that is, though. None of those specs have changed in a year. Can you give an non- hypothetical example of something that does change and causes this problem that isn't the J2EE uber-jar?

-David