--- Donald Woods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And how does the portOffset relate to this?  If you start with 1098,
> isn't the next server instance going to use 1099 and the next one
> 1100?
>   If so, why not start with 1099 and let the next one use 1100 and
> then
> 1101?
>
> It's not clear to me either why the RMI port default needs to be
> changed....  Do we not want one RMI registry to be shared by all
> server
> instances?

   The portoffset should be chosen such that there are no port
conflicts. Which will rule out portOffset=1. Usually portOffsets are
chosen 100, 200,.. or 1000, 2000, etc. For current port assignments
10,20,30... should also work. I have tested with 10.

Thanks
Anita

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.