Ok...maybe even not a script...maybe something that works similar to how
the sysconfig system on Unix works.  A directory that contains "settings
files" or something that allows us to set environment variables.  Like a
drop in text file:

JAVA_OPTS=-xbootclasspath-Xbootclasspath/p:var/terracotta/tc.jar

Although this is cool, at some point, someone is gonna want to run
something  though and we may wish to go back to scripting ;-)

The positive on these text files is its automatically mostly cross
platform.  Downside is we cant run anything...just an idea...

I would like to hear others' ideas.

Jeff