Bruce Snyder wrote:
> 1) Is there a reason why the maven-checkstyle-plugin is enabled in
> many subproject level POMs instead of just in the build module POM? It
> seems like this should be enabled in one location instead of being
> spread throughout 14 POMs across the code base. Even the PMD ruleset
> is only enabled in build module POM.
I guess it is because not all components are refactored.

See for example https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-933

On some day there should be all components refactored and the checkstyle
will be enabled in only one POM.

> 2) It is a *major* pain to have a build fail simply because the code
> is not formatted according to the Checkstyle and PMD conventions being
> used in ServiceMix. So I've taken a stab at creating a code formatter
> profile for Eclipse and some quick docs located here:
This prevents a user to checkin stuff which is not in the correct style.
There were a hint from Guillaume some day.

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SM/Building#Building-CodeConventions
>

> If you're using Eclipse, please try it out and improve it if necessary.

Cheers
Thomas

--
Thomas Termin

Tel    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 676
Fax    :  (+49) 0711 - 45 10 17 573
WWW    :  http://www.blue-elephant-systems.com
Email  :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

blue elephant systems GmbH
Firmensitz      : Wollgrasweg 49, D-70599 Stuttgart
Registergericht : Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
Geschäftsführer : Holger Dietrich, Thomas Gentsch, Joachim Hoernle