Welcome Jon :-)
This is very much needed.

Following discussions will tell you about some of the similar work happening
around:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg39672.html
* http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg46831.html
* http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg49216.html

One concern as mentioned in
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg37264.html is whether
such annotations should be based on XDoclet or JSR-175? With EJB 3.0 having
JSR-175 annotations, it might be more intuitive for developers to have
OpenEJB/Geronimo specific annotations also to be based on JSR-175. Request
you to give a thought on these.

Comments welcome.

- Shiva