yup, we are talking about the same plugins. I just wanted to test some of those
showing as *available* first then try to export some configs as plugins.

we may need to revisit those showing up as available before releasing 2.0.1.
Once I get a couple to work I'll try some of my own.

Cheers!
Hernan

Joe Bohn wrote:

Hernan Cunico wrote:
Anybody seeing plugin issues, specially when starting them?
Could it be a versioning problem, I get similar errors on both Jetty and Tomcat

- Unable to start configuration org.apache.geronimo.configs
- org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown start exception - org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter method not found Attribute Name: URLFor, Type: class java.net.URL, GBeanInstance: Jetty WebApplication Context

Where did you get the plugin that you are trying to install? Do we have any plugins yet for 2.0.1?

I attempted to install a plugin for 2.0-SNAPSHOT (Jakarta JSP Examples from the 2.0 plugins repo which was the default in the console even though this is 2.0.1). The 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins were listed as available for install for 2.0.1. As you mentioned, it installed fine but when I attempted to start it I hit the same errors you listed. At the root of all of them was an NoSuchMethodException for org.apache.geronimo.jetty6.JettyWebAppContext.getURLFor()

It looks like this method was removed from both our Jetty & Tomcat WebAppConext as part of the connector changes.

Is there still some plugin & plugin site prep work necessary for 2.0.1?
I suspect that we need to have new plugins generated for 2.0.1 and ensure the 2.0-SNAPSHOT plugins are marked as incompatible with 2.0.1.

Joe