--- Vamsavardhana Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2007 2:24 PM, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:50 PM, Anita Kulshreshtha wrote:
> >
> > >    I am trying to administer a geronimo instance remotely using
> admin
> > > console. I can install jars to remote g instance using
> "Repository"
> > > link, i.e. the jar files from local file system get installed in
> > > remote
> > > g repo as expected. I tried a car and was able to install it too!
> >
> > I'm not entirely clear what you are saying here.... did you use the
> > plugins page install the car file

No

or the "add a jar to the repo"
> > page?

Yes, It is called the "Repository Viewer" page on console. We could
rename it to avoid confusion.

> If a car is added from Common Libs portlet, it should not show up as
> configuration.  But, this is a different problem.

> >  I wouldn't expect the plugin page to work without additional
> > infrastructure running, see below.

    The only thing I had to make sure was that the needed jars were
already installed on remote g.

> > > This
> > > car (a J2EE Connector) showed up in "stopped" state, so I started
> it
> > > (using 'start' link on remote console). This caused a "lifecycle
> > > operation failed ...
> > > org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException:" error.
> Is
> > > this the expected behavior?

    This error was due to a problem with car-maven-plugin(?) and should
probably be discussed in another thread. The generated car (zip) had a
different version than the one used in the unpacked car. This can be
reproduced by building sandbox/monitoring/mrc-server/mrc-ds-car. After
renaming (2.1-SANPSHOT to 1.0-SNAPSHOT) the car(zip) and installing it
to remote g using "add a jar to repo" page, I was able to start it too!

> > >    if I select the local .m2 repo as plugin repository in
> "plugins"
> > > portlet, should I expect the selected plugin to be installed at
> the
> > > remote instance using jars/cars from the local files system?
> >
> > In order for this to work you'd need to have the local .m2
> repository
> > available on a web server to the remote machine and I think the
> > plugins would generally have to say they are available from this
> web
> > server in the geronimo-plugin.xml file.

    Yes, this is the standard plugin repository mechanism.

Thanks
Anita

> > hope this helps...
> > david jencks
> >
> > > Thanks
> > > Anita

> > > Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
> > > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/