On Jan 16, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

Recently I have had several things change personally and I have found it increasingly difficult to keep up with the Geronimo mailing lists on a daily basis. As a result, I did some soul searching and decided that my intentions to stay on top of Geronimo were good but my follow through wasn't This was specifically in regard to being able to respond to people on issues that I needed to do as PMC chair.

I tendered my resignation to the Board earlier this week. There was some discussion on the PMC list about a replacement and the PMC unanimously approved Kevan Miller as my successor. The board just approved this request so Kevan now has the mantle for Geronimo as the PMC chair.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Kevan has accepted this responsibility of PMC chair. The beauty is that Kevan has already been doing most of the work of the PMC chair anyway and is the right person going forward. Please give it up for Kevan Miller, VP, Apache Geronimo!

I'm still noodling with some performance work as time allows so I'm not gone. I'll prolly continue to nag in my own unique way.

Thanks Matt for all the great work.

Congrats Kevan!  I know that you're going to make a great chair!

Regards,
Alan