Excellent list, especially getting rid of the config.ser files.

-Donald

David Jencks wrote:

Replace as much as possible of the gbean infrastructure with xbean-reflect

Remove the necessity of specifying gbean metadata in java code (GBeanInfo)

Replace config.ser with xml

Improve maven integration and use maven components and concepts where possible. For instance, the provided scope means "this jar is available in this components classloader but not children" == something we don't really support. Optional dependencies might really simplify a lot of configuration.

Come up with an OSGI story

Improve Spring integration

Provide a RBAC security system (such as triplesec or redback)

Improve Roller and Jetspeed integration, including security integration.

I agree with the other proposals too.

thanks
david jencks