J2G ended up under tooling because that's how we have it organized on the web
site
Development tools
               + Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
               + JBoss to Geronimo Migration Tool (J2G)

Just trying to remain consistent. We can definitively create a Migration
section, move j2g there as well as updating all the previous migration examples
we used to have on the previous releases.

Moving the content within the same confluence space is really easy.

Cheers!
Hernan

Jason Warner wrote:
I was looking at transferring the J2G documentation over from 2.0 to 2.1 and I noticed that j2g is listed under tools rather than a migration heading. Are we not going to have a Migration heading? I'd prefer to put the tool under something more descriptive so that it really jumps out to a user. Also, there were some migration sample documents that are now left homeless. I guess I'm wondering if we should bring back the migration heading. Thoughts anyone?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Hernan Cunico <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Lin Sun wrote:
     > Hi Hernan, I looked at the index you put out there and I think it is
     > very good!  I cannot wait for these contents to be filled to
     > understand a bit more about these exciting 2.1 new features!!
     >
     > I think it'll be useful to add a FAQ or troubleshooting section.   I
     > hope this can be the first place for a user to look at whenever they
     > run into some probs/exceptions.    The content can grow based on the
     > questions we get on the user list.

    At some point we had a Troubleshooting section, maybe I forgot to
    bring the title over 2.1 doc. I just added the entry on the User's
    guide side.
    Ideally the Troubleshooting section should be a subset, an excerpt
    of some of the other areas already covered. I personally think of
    Troubleshooting section more like a convenience section.

    Agree with you that ultimately we want to address every single
    question from the user list. Hernan's view of the world!? if a user
    have an issue doing a task on Geronimo that means that A) G is not
    intuitive enough, B) we don't provide enough documentation on how to
    perform such task, C) we do have that info but it is a secret well
    kept and only a few know about it ;-) , D) all of the above.

    With that said, tackling an issue on the Troubleshooting section is
    a great start but we shouldn't stop there ;-)

     > Also, I think the sample application and tutorial sections are a bit
     > confusion.  First I look at the sample application and saw we only
     > have 2 down there but then I realized most of the samples are in the
     > tutorial section.

    The User's guide on the left is somewhat a carry over of topics from
    2.0. For 2.1 I brought back the idea of the Developer's guide and
    put the Tutorials section there in contrast with Samples section
    from the User's guide. If you look at the Tutorials you'll see there
    is a different approach, it is more aligned with developing
    applications with GEP for instance, hence the location on the
    Developer's guide.

    Sample applications could end up being renamed to just Samples as it
    included some sample configurations as well.

    Either way, The doc is still on its early stages and this may change
    as we continue to develop the content.

    As usual, comments, new ideas and most definitively doc
    contributions are always welcome

    Cheers!
    Hernan

     > Lin
     >
     > On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Hernan Cunico
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
     >> Hey Kevan, Thanks for updating the doc.
     >>
     >>  I thought it would be useful for the users to know what
    versions are we using for the components/projects that make Geronimo
    v2.1
     >>  For example, what version of Tomcat, Jetty, Derby, Axis...
     >>
     >>  It would even help us to keep track of the components and
    versions, all in one place.

     >>  Maybe this info could later on live on the Geronimo
    architecture section. Once we have the info it's easier to move.

--
~Jason Warner