Hi,

i am the author and IP holder of the "javamail mock2 library which"
maybe can be used an as alternative for greenmail here.
Its not exactly doing what greenmail is doing (mock2 is mocking
javamail classes like Folder, Transport, Store and so on and does not
emulate a mailserver on the protocol level) but normally this doesn't
matter.
I am also willing to donate the stuff to apache incubator if its
considered to be worthy and useful.

Library is here: https://github.com/salyh/javamail-mock2 (AL License)

Thanks
Hendrik