Thanks Steve. For clarity:

This message announces a license switch for Greenmail --
http://sourceforge.net/p/greenmail/mailman/message/58953/
However, some/most/all of the src license headers are still labeled as
LGPL. There would also be general questions about the license switch --
were all necessary copyrights properly held to make this license switch?
And subsequent to the switch were all changes/contributions made under ALv2?

Depending on the outcome of these questions, you may or may not want to
treat the greenmail dependency as LGPL. Assuming it is held to be LGPL,
then a question of how the dependency is used? Bundling an LGPL dependency
is bad. Direct source linkage to LGPL, likewise. Simple build / test maven
dependency would be OK from an ASF perspective...