It would be desirable to have an official new version, with full
compatibility with new Java JDK's (this helps promoting people on using
it), also updating official web page, and Eclipse Plugin.

I had to put the front-end of a project into a TomEE due web-responsive
JSF requirements, but still using Geronimo as the core (back-end), by
using microservices (Restlet/Jackson).  Geronimo really rocks, but I
think it is time to get a renew version compatible with new key libraries.

I really like Geronimo AppServer and hope it continue growing.  In my
case, I started using geronimo because it was really easy for me
learning it with the Eclipse Tools available at that time (IBM OSGi
Tools).  Right now I have to use WAS or Liberty Tools with Eclipse Luna.

My wish list for Geronimo:
- Updated OSGi framework
- Been able to install Camel
- Updated MyFaces compatibility and fix some non-critical bugs
- Compatibility with new JDK
- Updated Eclipse Plugin
-  Try to deliver a new release once a year

hope next year could join you guys in making some of this happen.