Honestly I didn't. I discovered the hard-coded String[]("TLSv1") in
MailConnection#getConnectedTLSSocket(), which is (imho) a bit odd.

Imho, users should either be allowed to specify the enabled (and
supported) protocols or to use the default ones provided by the jdk
classes :)

This is already done for MailConnection#getConnectedSSLSocket but not
for the TLS handling.