Thanks for your thoughs - I think, I get the idea.

Maybe:

- Using "mail.smtp.ssl.protocls" to allow easier configuration (as
proposed in the PR) for MailConnection#getConnectedTLSSocket() - would
address 1.

- To address 3. and pre-claim: PR would enable all protocols; maybe
address this concern by adding a default fallback pointing to TLSv1,
TLSv1.1, TLSv1.2 and TLS v1.3 (if supported) if no custom configuration
via "mail.smtp.ssl.protocls" is present?

- Documentation is always appreciated ;)

Wdyt?