I reached out to the initial author of the failure library to see if they
would consider contributing it and I. I have not heard back.

The library itself is comprised of two functions, with no unit testing, and
those functions lean heavily on commons-math. I think the signatures and
the return types are not setup in a way that is natural for us to leverage.
I think it is best we simply write the code to execute the failure detector
logic ourselves.  We can make with a method signature we want and provide
our own direct testing.

If anyone sees an alternative library let me know. Remember the algorithm
itself is essentially a one-liner on top of common-math parts.

Thanks,
Edward