It is critical to have 8.0.0 out for the Apache Community over Code Conference, 
so this timeline is ideal.

Anything found later or even known before can be part of 8.0.1, 8.1.0-M1 and or 
9.0.0-M1.

James Fredley

On 2026-10-01 07:05 UTC James Daugherty wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> 
> In the weekly, we spoke about when to release 8.0.0.  As stated in slack &
> in the weekly, I've worked to clear our 8.x backlog so no changes remain.
> Based on the current votes, 8.0.0-RC2 should come out on Friday (Oct 2).
> 
> The only "known" action items I have are:
> 1. release a final version of the asset pipeline & ensure Grails 8 uses it
> 2. sitemesh 3.x final version
> 
> I'm proposing that we stage 8.0 on Sunday, assuming these are finished by
> then and no major issues are raised.  Any issues that are found during the
> 8.0 vote can easily be addressed by a quick hotfix to 8.0 and this ensures
> that 8.0 is out before the ASF conference.
> 
> I would also like to propose we release the intellij plugin in tandem to
> the 8.0.0 release since its latest code has fixes related to Grails 8 (plus
> it adds community edition support).
> 
> I'm assuming we'll release grails-micronaut some time shortly after Grails
> 8's release date.  Hopefully shortly after 8 goes live. If a volunteer is
> available to make this happen sooner, please speak up =)
> 
> -James
> 

Reply via email to