--
Thanks,
  Cos

On 2020-06-11 21:50, Paul King wrote:
Hi folks,

Given recent world events, there are numerous projects that are taking the opportunity to use more inclusive terminology especially in names within APIs. E.g. getting rid of things like master/slave, blacklist/whitelist, etc. While I have never witnessed any racist behavior in the Groovy community, it seems worthwhile to be as inclusive as we can. I scanned our codebase and it seems that the only potential candidate we have for such a change would be in SecureASTCustomizer. But feel free to chime in if you think there are others.

For backwards compatibility, I wouldn't propose to remove the old names in the first instance, just provide friendly aliases. We can deprecate and/or remove the current names later if we feel the need. Some example aliases could be something like:

tokensWhitelist => allowedTokens
staticStarImportsWhitelist => allowedStaticStarImports
importsBlacklist => prohibitedImports (or disallowedImports)

Thoughts?

Cheers, Paul.