I agree we should minimise breaking existing code. I suspect deprecating in
4 but leaving around might be the best compromise.  The goal of the change
is that anyone who doesn't want to see/use the old aliases shouldn't have
to. And we should make the new names the prominent ones in the
documentation. My understanding is that in some cultures/languages "black"
represents a sign of strength and perhaps allowed/prohibited might not be
considered neutral somewhere else. So, it is difficult to be totally
neutral, this proposal does seem to provide terms that many would find more
neutral, so having that option seems like a good thing from my point of
view.

Cheers, Paul.