On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Mike Jumper <mike.jum...@guac-dev.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2018, 08:36 Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Nick Couchman <
> nick.e.couch...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Yeah, Mark, you're right, those show up in a clean build without this,
> so
> > > that's obviously not the issue.
> > >
> > > I added a little more debugging - an empty constructor with a log
> message
> > > - and I don't see that firing, either, so it doesn't look like Jersey
> is
> > > picking this up and injecting it at all.  I'll keep digging...
> > >

> > I'm wondering, now, if this has to do with the version of Jersey being
> > used?
>

> Are you referring to the custom exception handler apparently not being
> used? Or to the Guice warning you mentioned earlier?

Not the Guice warning - that doesn't seem to be the issue.  I'm referring
to the (apparent) lack of initialization of the custom exception mapper.

> Currently guacamole/pom.xml pulls in version 1.17.1 - maybe this is
> > specific to Jersey 2.x?  Anyone know how hard it is to migrate from 1.x
> > 2.x?
> >

> IIRC, there are minimum JVM version requirements for Jersey 2.x that
> historically prevented us from going that route, but if we're going to
> require Java 7 across the board, this is doable.

Okay, I'll see what I can figure out with that.  Hopefully it won't be
necessary to make it work - I've found some examples of people using it
with some 1.x versions - but looks like maybe the 1.x versions don't
automatically scan for the @Provider tag and pull in the mappers, and they
may need to be manually registered.  Not certain about that, just my
working theory at this point.

-Nick