Hi Roman

libhdfs3 works as third-party library of HAWQ, Just for the convenience of HAWQ
release process we copy its code into HAWQ.  The reason is that HAWQ used to
dependent on specific version of libhdfs3 and libhdfs3 only distribute as
source code and the build process is complicated.

I do not think we have any reason to shutdown a third party’s official
repository. We also copy google test source code into HAWQ, just as what we did
for libhdfs3.

libhdfs3 open source under Apache license version 2 just the same as HAWQ. So I
believe there is no license issue.

Best Regards

Zhanwei Wang
wan...@apache.org