Hi Mike,

For another question you mentioned, we are trying to sync with upstream
Postgres. Since it is so difficult to make it in just one big step, we need
to do that module by module, feature by feature. For example, in HAWQ-786,
we try to import FDW from Postgres 9.6x, and this is still on the way.

The forking philosophy from Postgres brings HAWQ lots of great advantages
but at the same time we suffer a lot to update from Postgres community. We
are just trying to do this.

Thanks,
xunzhang