Apologize for off-top, but jumping in with my question into other discussion is the only way I can ask the question (see below).
Have I been banned recently from opening discussions on dev list :) ? I can join any discussion, except my own ... For some reasons, Apache mail server ignores me in this case. Or its just a bug? -Vlad On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Stack <[email protected]> wrote: > I volunteer to help moderate. > St.Ack > > > On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Sean Busbey <[email protected]> wrote: > > > (I took the liberty of moving us off of Ted's feature discussion thread) > > > > A three month ban sounds better than a permanent ban. But it still seems > > likely to just result in the ban-ee walking away from teh community or > > escalating. > > > > Would we consider enforcing moderation on posts for the three month > period > > instead of an outright ban? > > > > It's more work for whomever has moderator rights on the mailing list, but > > it provides a better feedback cycle for improved behavior. Presuming > that I > > don't already have such access as a PMC member, I'd be willing to > volunteer > > to help take on part of the burden. > > > > -Sean > > > > On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Andrew Purtell <[email protected]> > > wrote: > > > > > It was suggested privately that we try a temporary ban first, to be > clear > > > that current behavior and communication is unacceptable and won't be > > > tolerated further, yet allow for the possibility of a return to the > > > community should the message be received. So let me amend my proposal > - a > > > three month temporary ban. > > > > > > Also, the reason I am asking for public feedback before calling for a > > vote > > > is this would be the first time in the history of the project we would > > take > > > this very unfortunate step. It pains me personally but enough is > enough, > > in > > > my opinion. However, if you are not comfortable with that then please > > speak > > > up and I won't ask the PMC to vote on this. > > > > > > > > > On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Andrew Purtell <[email protected]> > > > wrote: > > > > > > > I've had enough and would like to ask the user and dev communities if > > > they > > > > would mind if we vote on a permanent ban of Michael Segal - any and > all > > > > email accounts he may choose to set up - from all HBase mailing > lists. > > > The > > > > basic lack of courtesy and constant naysaying is corrosive. Nobody > > trying > > > > to volunteer their time here deserves his continuing abuse. > > > > > > > > > > > > On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Michael Segel < > > > [email protected]> > > > > wrote: > > > > > > > >> Sean, > > > >> > > > >> You’re a developer, or just some higher level primate that pounds > > code? > > > >> > > > >> I don’t want to embarrass you, but what do they teach in engineering > > > >> schools these days? > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Best regards, > > > > > > - Andy > > > > > > Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet > Hein > > > (via Tom White) > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Sean > > >
