Appy, would you consider doing the work of trying to upstream this to
Apache Yetus? The precommit component of that project already has the
excellent "smart-apply-patch", which uses the precommit system's
notion of project configs to easily allow me to locally evaluate a
patch just given a jira id. I'd love it if that same toolset allowed
me to easily perform the other side of that interaction when I'm
contributing.

--
busbey