On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:

> We shouldn't admit half baked changes that won't be finished. However in
> this case the crew working on this feature are long timers and less likely
> than just about anyone to leave something in a half baked state. Of course
> there is no guarantee how anything will turn out, but I am willing to take
> a little on faith if they feel their best path forward now is to merge to
> trunk.

I think this is a very good point that Andrew raised. The developers have
no
intention to stop working on improvements after the merge. Likely that the
stabilization and working on remaining phase 3/4 items will continue for
the next months to come. If we can get a commitment that any remaining
issues will be addressed by end-of-year timeframe, then making a call for
the merge and inclusion in hbase-2.0 will become much easier.