I just posted a patch for HBASE-16754 (dropped compaction markers during
log split), which might qualify as a sinker for the RC.  This issue was
introduced by the change in HBASE-15441 (which fixed another log splitting
issue), which went in to 1.2.1.  It's a relatively rare distributed race.
The impact is that at least compactions can't run until the region is
reassigned.  It looks like the code in 1.2 may be slightly different -- I
don't see TestWALSplit for one -- but I think the same issue will apply in
branch-1.2.  I'll look more closely at the impact for the RC, but wanted to
give a heads up.