.. a code base to the RM role. I don't believe vetos for RCs for flaky
tests should be considered valid reason to vote -1. I think we may be
erring toward excessively maximal interpretation of compatibility
guidelines in some cases. At any rate, where does the responsibility lie
for fixing the issues? And do voters consider the personal cost to the RM
in terms of time and attention in rolling the RC when deciding to vote -1?
The -1 vote has a cost. It requires the RM to restart the RC. My impression
is this isn't a consideration.

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 9:37 AM Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> /cc private@
>
> I believe you are pushing your collective burden as a group of committers
> sharing responsiblity to
>
> On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 9:33 AM Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> My experience with the last four RC attempts I have made has been just a
>> constant stream of vetos for flaky tests which I can't reproduce (at least
>> not with the usual 10 iterations of the suite) and possibly pedantic
>> compatability report interpretations with no patches to help and in some
>> cases not even JIRAs filed to follow up on specifying the complaint. Life
>> is too short to waste time and effort like this.
>>

> --
> Best regards,
> Andrew

> decrepit hands