Thanks Andrew!

One thing I noticed from 2.5.0 was that a few JIRAs were included in that
release which did not have the proper fixVersions set (so did not show up
in CHANGES.md). I fixed 4 of them before realizing that may not be the way
we should handle it. See [1] for the 4 I fixed (which we could revert to
2.5.1 if appropriate), there may be others.

I have filed a few small bugs which I just set the fixVersion to 2.5.1 and
will try to get PRs out for soon, but we could also push them out if needed.

I also have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27381 which would
be helpful to have opinions on since it might be worth fixing for 2.5.1 if
possible. It's a recurrence of a past gnarly bug with some API
compatibility concerns.

A 2.6.0 release this calendar year would be great! We have completed most
of the TLS work at this point. One other thing I was considering adding to
2.6.0 was a backport of hbase-backups. There is a PR [2] from Mallikarjun,
we are currently evaluating internally. I think backporting to 2.x will
help get more exposure and contributions, since most people aren't running
3.0-alpha and there's still a backlog of nice-to-haves in the "Phase 4"
jira [3] that have languished a bit. I realize this might even require a
VOTE thread given the past history? I was only going to bring it up if our
evaluation worked out, but seemed relevant to your 2.6.0 question.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-27241?jql=text%20~%20%22%5C%22Seems%20this%20actually%20landed%20in%202.5.0%5C%22%22
[2] https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/4770
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-17362