The hadoop3 bin tarball for 2.5.8 is 352.8MB. Perhaps we have just barely
and recently crossed a threshold. File an INFRA JIRA and ask about it.
Perhaps some limit can be increased, or maybe they will ask us to live
within it.

Related, looking at the 2.5.8 hadoop3 bin tarball, the majority of the bulk
is ./lib/shaded-clients/ . The shaded clients are certainly useful but
probably are not the most popular options when taking a dependency on
HBase. Perhaps we can package these separately. We could exclude them from
the convenience tarballs as they will still be available from the Apache
Maven repository.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 2:33 PM Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@apache.org>
wrote:

> I got most of the way through, but failed during publish-dist:
>
> Transmitting file data ..svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E175002: PUT request on
>
> '/repos/dist/!svn/txr/68050-1le9/dev/hbase/2.6.0RC0/hbase-2.6.0-hadoop3-bin.tar.gz'
> failed
>
> Running manually, it looks to be a Request Entity Too Large. The file in
> question is 356MB. Anyone have any experience with this?
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 2:19 AM 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > HBASE-28444 has been resolved.
> >
> > Please go ahead to cut 2.6.0RC0, really a long journey :)
> >
> > 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com> 于2024年3月20日周三 14:29写道:
> > >
> > > There is a security issue for zookeeper, but simply upgrading
> > > zookeeper will break a test.
> > >
> > > Pelase see HBASE-28444 for more details.
> > >
> > > I think we should get this in before cutting the RC.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@apache.org> 于2024年3月19日周二 23:51写道:

> > period of
> > tomorrow I'm

Andrew

Unrest, ignorance distilled, nihilistic imbeciles -
    It's what we’ve earned
Welcome, apocalypse, what’s taken you so long?
Bring us the fitting end that we’ve been counting on
   - A23, Welcome, Apocalypse