Github user ok2c commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/pull/49

    @cakofony HttpMessage, its sub classes and their implementations were
always meant to be threading unsafe / non-synchronized primarily for various
reasons performance being foremost. It was a conscious design design since 4.0
which I would hate to reverse. I would like to understand the reason the
message was being accessed concurrently in the first place. That should not
have happened.

---
with INFRA.
---