Github user cakofony commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/pull/49

    Makes sense.

    I used the `AbstractClassicEntityConsumer<InputStream>` and simply returned
the response body InputStream, nested in a `BasicResponseConsumer` where I
returned a tuple of the HttpResponse and InputStream body.
    Removing headers occurrend in my `FutureCallback<Message<HttpResponse,
InputStream>>`, where I check if the content is gzip encoded.

    It sounds like I may be able to avoid the race by moving that logic from
the FutureCallback into the BasicResponseConsumer?

---
with INFRA.
---