Folks

We have a dubious honor of having absolutely the most hideous project
web site in existence. It makes my eyes bleed every time I have to
update it. It is simply horrible.

I would like to migrate project website sources from Maven apt and xdoc
 to markdown format and switch to using either jekyll or hugo site
generator to render markdown to html.

1. Does anyone have conceptual objections to using markdown?

2. Does anyone have any preference with regards to static site
generators?

Jekyll appears to be the tool of choice for many ASF projects. I
personally tend to lean toward Hugo more.

Please let me know what you think.

Oleg