arturobernalg commented on PR #881:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/pull/881#issuecomment-6036257707

   > > @ok2c now what??? What should i do with this PR?
   > 
   > @arturobernalg I really cannot tell you what to do as I have no 
understanding of the underlying specification. If you think the feature is 
ready for 5.7 feel free to merge the pull request. Then, re-work the code and 
remove duplicated bits once there is a release of `commons-compress` with the 
required functionality. One important thing, `commons-compress` should remain 
optional at runtime. Alternatively, you way want to keep the pull request open 
until `commons-compress` is ready.
   > 
   > I really have no idea how important this feature is for the wider user 
population and therefore cannot tell what approach is better. I even had no 
idea this RFC existed.
   
   
   
   > > @ok2c now what??? What should i do with this PR?
   > 
   > @arturobernalg I really cannot tell you what to do as I have no 
understanding of the underlying specification. If you think the feature is 
ready for 5.7 feel free to merge the pull request. Then, re-work the code and 
remove duplicated bits once there is a release of `commons-compress` with the 
required functionality. One important thing, `commons-compress` should remain 
optional at runtime. Alternatively, you way want to keep the pull request open 
until `commons-compress` is ready.
   > 
   > I really have no idea how important this feature is for the wider user 
population and therefore cannot tell what approach is better. I even had no 
idea this RFC existed.
   
   @ok2c @garydgregory 
   I looked into moving the async decompression to Commons Compress, but that 
is not really possible at the moment. Zstd would work, but the Brotli 
implementation used by Commons Compress only exposes an `InputStream` API and 
does not provide incremental decoding.
   
   So for now I would keep the async implementation in HttpClient and merge it 
as is. We can revisit this later if Commons Compress gets suitable incremental 
Brotli support.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to