+1 for option 2.

In general, we as a community should be nice to all contributors, and
should avoid doing things that make contributors not comfortable, even
that requires some work from committers. Sometimes it is especially
true for new contributors, like we need to be more patience for new
people. It seems a free style and contribution focused environment
would be better to encourage people to do more contributions of
different kinds.

thanks
-yongqiang