I personally am a big fan of pull requests which is primarily the reason
for a similar proposal that I made almost a year and half ago[1] :). I
think the consensus we reached at the time was that to move the primary
source code from svn to git(which we did) but still use patches submitted
to JIRAs to maintain a permalink to the changes and also because it's
little harder to treat a pull requests as a patch.

[1] http://qnalist.com/questions/4754349/proposal-to-switch-to-pull-requests

--
Swarnim