Hello

A few weeks earlier I've tried to hunt down this problem...
so...to my best knowledge the cause of this seems to be the following:

* in some cases the "cleanup" after a failed query may somehow leave some
threads behind...
* these threads have reference to the "customized" session classloader - this
makes the threads more memory hungry
* after a while these threads/classloaders eat up the heap...

I've opened HIVE-18522 for this thread issue

I think this problem is not new ...and it might have been present earlier as
well...the only thing what changed is that there were a few more new features
which have added new udfs/etc which made the memory cost of a session more
heavier..
...and as a sidenote: I'm not convinced that this issue will arise in a proper
hs2 setup - as it might be easily connected to the fact that these tests are
using the cli driver to execute the tests.

cheers,
Zoltan