Owen, thanks for bringing this to attention. It is definitely me who made those
changes.
The good thing is the change is backward compatible and the new API is needed
to keep Vectorized mode performant while using Murmur hash.
We can treat this as a bug fix and I can work on a new point-point release.

Regards,
Deepak