Hi Daniel,

Yes, you are right. Looks like it doesn't work HIVE-1234.01-branch-3.patch
format. I think the reason it was done that way is because we use '-' in
the branch naming convention and its easier to parse the patch name to
determine the profile. I think it would be helpful to support both '.' and
'-' to delimit the branch names. The code which parses the patch name to
figure out the profile is here
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/dev-support/jenkins-common.sh#L95

Feel free to create a JIRA (or use HIVE-20191) to provide a patch to
improve this. I would be happy to review it.

Thanks,
Vihang